with the support of Prestige Paper Products, Fedrigoni Imaginative Papers, Canvas.Ph, Sakura, Adarna House, Oishi, Wavelink, Lampara Books, OMF Literature, Inc., Summit Books, and Davies Paints,
Ang Ilustrador ng Kabataan at 25
September 13 to October 16, 2016
Third Floor Exhibition Halls, Ayala Museum
Ang Ilustrador ng Kabataan (Ang InK) marks 25 years of creating for children with Tinker Tales, a commemorative, two-part exhibit featuring over a hundred all new illustrations.
The first part showcases illustrations based on stories written by children who were inspired by Ang InK’s public exhibition, Story Stones, exhibited at the Ayala Museum Plaza last December 2015. Painted on different pebbles and stones were characters and objects, which children drew their original stories from. This is the first time in Ang InK’s history where the children for whom "Inkies" illustrate are taking active part in the creative process.
Viewers are then invited to make their own contributions to the process by creating their own stories based on the illustrations. A fresh collection of characters, objects and settings are presented in the second part of the exhibit to offer viewers a whole new dimension of storytelling possibilities.
The group was established in 1991 as the offshoot of a children's book illustration workshop sponsored by the Philippine Board on Books for Young People and the Goethe-Institut Manila.
Today, Ang InK members has grown into a dynamic organization of about 300 members who create art for children’s books, comics, magazines, newspapers, workbooks, websites, toys, games, animation, greeting cards, posters, murals, postcards, and T.V. commercials.
Admission tickets to Tinker Tales start at Php 150.
Other activities Ang INK has lined up at Ayala Museum are the following:
- Sept. 24, 10 a.m.: Book launch of Adarna House’s Kapitbahay Kubo and Kara at Play, illustrated by Jamie Bauza and Pergy Acuña (free admission to book launch only)
- Sept. 24, 2 p.m.: Illustration Masterclass: Secret Techniques for Award-Winning Book Illustrations, facilitated by Sergio Bumatay III and Rommel Joson (P1,500 registration fee)
- October 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.: INKFest. The event will feature live art, merchandise tables, and art activity booths. (free admission with museum entrance)
- Oct. 8, 10 a.m.: Kiddie Arts & Crafts Party (free admission with museum entrance)
- Oct. 8, 2 p.m.: Sketch Afternoon, a drawing session with Ang INK illustrators (P650 fee).
For more information:
CALL: 759 82 88 local 35